Sunday 30 September 2007

Thing #22: Invent a secret code

When I was a kid I thought it would have been cool if we had a secret code to chat without being understood. By chat I don't mean... online! The Internet as we now it today did not exist back then. So, I reinvented the wheel by adopting a straight number for letter substitution. It was not difficult to crack but assuming you could the substitution quicker than those that you were trying to fool (i.e. the other kids) that was fine. If you want to see how this works click here. So I would like to retrospectively put my ingenuity forward and tick the box for this Thing.

By the way, secret codes are very helpful things, especially if you are to have your own secret society, right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The idea is to INVENT a secret code, not borrow one! Come on, you can do better than this!

101 Things To Do said...

But, I did invent it! It's just that when you are a kid you never think that your latest brilliant idea is not really that brilliant and other people have thought of it before!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.