Saturday 18 February 2017

Thing 64# Make Your Bike or Skateboard Look Cool

Given that I don't like mods to the things I own, I would not be able to claim this Thing done. If nothing else, it's ancient times since having a bike or skateboard made me feel cool. Then again being "cool" never was and never will be my thing anyway. In fact, I'd rather be "hot" than "cool".

Now.. if my memory serves me well, my first bike  was given to me when I was around 9-10. It was a chopper-styled one. Very 80s, very heavy, very slow. It was the sort of bike you certainly did not want to pedal uphill. It looked good though.. and the best part is that you did not have to add something to it to make it look cool. In fact... it still does! Perhaps after all these years coming across it in the garage brings back all these fond memories, while the genuine retro look can't just be ignored.

Image result for bikes  chopper 80s

Having such a bike should suffice to claim this Thing done. However I thought to claim this via an alternative route. About three months ago I went through airport security and as required I took my laptop out of my bag. The lady at the belt was about to place it in the tray when she paused for a second: "This is the thinnest laptop I have ever seen. It looks really good." Clearly, she has good taste. What made her remark though impressive was that she must handle hundreds or laptops on a daily basis.

No comments: