Saturday 18 February 2017

Thing #78: Hold a Yard Sale

I have recently decided to simplify my life as much as possible. It is as a very convenient decision indeed, given that I have to hold a yard sale for Thing #78. As yard sales are not my thing, I've decided to donate most of the things I did not have a need for anymore. 

In addition, in order to meet my objective I've also decided that in the future I am to avoid paper in any form and shapes. Not only is it good for the environment, but it also means I don't end up collecting things. Say, why go for a paper version when you can access  magazines in electronic format? Paper versions end up taking much space and once you have a few years worth of staff, recycling feels a bit of a "waste". This is especially true for a science magazine I have been collecting for almost 20 years now! Given that they are all in mint condition, I have decided to put them up on eBay and see if I can find a good home for them. I don't expect to have the science community rushing to buy them. Still if nothing else, it will be an interesting experiment to see if there is any interest. I will update you on the progress of the sale in due course. 

In the meantime, I think I will claim Thing #78 done.

No comments: