Monday 18 February 2008

Thing #38: Make a time capsule

I received an email a few minutes ago that made me think (not that I was not thinking before or that I will not think later on) of how many time capsules we make for other people.

A friend had kept all the letters I had sent 15 years ago. Yes, for those of you who are not yet old and boring, that was before email. It's rather scary to be able to narrate stories that took place 15 or 20 years ago, but what can you do about it (other than invent time travel)?

Looking back, it is "strange to notice how we were obviously less experienced in life, yet how little our characters and ideas have changed since then. 15 years ago, imagine... We're getting old", but not boring!

As this blog is not just about me, but those close to me too and as it seems that it has made a really good job of turning 'insignificant random events' to things worth sharing, I would like to put forward my friend's time capsule and declare Thing #38 done.

No comments: