Sunday 3 November 2019

It's now been 12 years since I started this blog. I am certainly (much) older, but hopefully not any more boring compared to my earlier me! I think it's high time I posted for one more time and claim the last 4 Things completed. As you have probably guessed by now, I don't like leaving business unfinished. Neither though do I want to wait forever before I can "properly" completed it. Life is short and one Thing I have learnt over the years, is that sometimes it is OK for Things to simply be good enough. There are indeed battles that you need to give, striving for perfection, but this should not apply to everyThing (pun intended).

There is also another good reason why I need to get on with Things: I bought 101 Things you wish you'd invented, 101 Things to do to become a superhero, 101 Things you need to know and some you don't and.. 101 Things to do before you die. If, on average I need 10 years to complete each list, then I'd be giving the last book a very different meaning!

So...

Thing 73: Have a sleepover 
Not only did I have a sleepover, but I actually organised one when I was 17!

Thing 59: Camp out in the backyard 
I have gone camping and/or slept outside. Such experiences have never been the most comfortable ones. These reminded me of numerous times when I had to "camp" overnight involuntarily at an airport somewhere, waiting for my next flight. No pain... no gain. So this Thing is officially done.

Thing 74: Become a spy
That would have made sense 15 years ago. Now we have social media. LOL!

Thing 55: Invent a new trend
I have often thought of myself as being an innovative and enterprising individual. I would not though refer to myself as a trend-setter. So it seems I am more on the "invention" side as opposed to the "new trend" side of this Thing. Personally speaking, this is more than enough for me. I've never really cared much about what others thought or did and hence if I was to do something, I would have done it for myself, and not for setting a new trend.

Given that the last Thing written up was one on inventing something... one can only interpret this as a sign that the next book and list of 101 Things to go through should be the one on the Things I wish I'd invented!


No comments: