Wednesday 12 March 2008

Time capsule revisited

It just occurred to me that my Wired collection is a time capsule in its own right. OK, it's not 25 years old, but still it provides a window to the past (...12 months - I am still struggling to keep up with the last issues). Anyway, I am now in February 2007 so some progress has been achieved.

I thought to share a few of my favourite stories of the past few issues:

Do I Know You?Some people can see your eyes, your nose, your mouth – and still not recognize your face. Now these prosopagnosia sufferers may help scientists unlock the mysteries of the brain. By Joshua Davis

The Perfect Man Dean Karnazes ran 50 marathons in 50 days. He does 200 miles just for fun. 12 secrets to his success. By Joshua Davis

The Secret World of Lonelygirl15 How a 19-year-old actress and a team of struggling Web filmmakers took on TV. A Wired exclusive. By Joshua Davis

Edifice, Complex Billowing glass, rippling titanium, swooping stainless steel. Onsite with the engineers who turn the most ambitious architectural plans into reality. By Karrie Jacobs

Raging Boll Uwe Boll, the worst movie director ever, challenged his Web critics to a boxing match. Four idiots actually met him in the ring. By Chris Baker

No comments: