Saturday 13 January 2007

Decision time

A man is the sum of his decisions (has anyone said that before?). So this morning's decisions feature:

1) I am not going to throw a bottle in the sea as this is considered littering and contradicts another Thing.
  • Action: need to find a different way of completing this task. Does it count if I throw the bottle and then find it myself? Technically this should be OK! Probably not. So, what I will do is track down three different things (e.g. a ship, a tree, etc) in bottles and buy them. Then I will give them to a friend. With one stone three birds: I complete the task, I do some shopping and I make (hopefully) someone happy for about 10 seconds.

2) I will repeat some but not all the Things that I have already done; life is too short to do the same thing more than once, for the sake of doing it.

  • Action 1: I will replace all those things that I will not do different tasks.
  • Action 2: While doing so, I will also comment on the original Things too, so that we have a complete account of all Things.

3) I do not need to do things sequentially. Isn't it great when you can make the rules? I know I sound like Monica in Friends!

By the way, I added a table with the numbers between 1-101 so that I and, of course, you valued reader can track my progress. As decision number 2 allows me to retrospectively claim that a tasks was completed I officially announced that I have just completed Thing #36: Start your own blog!

1 comment:

fauxreal said...

i read the part about the message in a bottle and since im waiting for the books to come too i thought how will i do it. I was thinking about mailing someone a bottle with a message in it.